Create a calendar
With Moja, you can sync a calendar page with a Google calendar. To do so, make sure you have a Google account with at least one calendar populated with events. Then, follow the steps below.
NOTE - If you need to integrate a non-Google calendar, please send DC a link to your existing calendar.
PART I - CREATING A CALENDAR PAGE
- login to Moja and navigate to the 'parent' page for your calendar (i.e. if you're linking a calendar page from the homepage, stay on the homepage; if you're creating a calendar under another page - say your 'Events' page - navigate to the Events page)
- click 'Add Page'
- choose the 'Calendar' page template
- type a page name/title
- if you do not want the page to be seen in the main navigation, click on the 'Custom Attributes' tab and choose 'Exclude from Nav' from the Custom Attributes drop-down menu and check the box that appears
- click 'Update'
- proceed to Part II to integrate the calendar with your Google calendar
PART II - MAKE YOUR GOOGLE CALENDAR PUBLIC
- login to your Google account and click on the button with the nine small squares next to your name in the top/right
- click on the 'Calendar' icon
- in the left column, hover over the calendar you intend to use (create a calendar if needed) and click on the small triangle-inside-a-box
- select 'Share this Calendar'
- underneath 'Share the calendar with others,' select 'Make this calendar public' and set the menu to the right to 'See all event details'
- click 'save' at the bottom
PART III - INSERTING THE GOOGLE ID
- login to your Google account
- go to 'Calendar' in the top menu/row
- click on the arrow symbol next to the specific calendar (on the left column) that you wish to sync
- choose 'Calendar Settings' from the pop-up window
- copy the link Google ID (email address only) located to the right of the blue HTML button
- navigate to your site and login to Moja
- go to your site's Calendar page and click 'Edit' on the Moja toolbar
- click inside the calendar block and choose 'Edit'
- paste the Google ID feed in the 'URL' field
- click 'Update'