Create a Media Page
Moja enables you to create a media page with audio and video. To do so, you will create a video page, and then attach (separate) audio files.
You may also embed individual videos (from Vimeo, YouTube, etc) on any page with a content or html block.
To embed a video archive from a source other than Vimeo, please send DC the embed code.
Part 1 // Displaying videos
UPLOAD VIDEOS TO VIMEO
If you don't already have a Vimeo account, you must create an account at vimeo.com, which serves to host and play your videos. Once your account is setup, you'll need to upload your videos to Vimeo (see Part I-B for how to setup your video files). Before creating a Vimeo account please see the helpful notes below!
Note (compressing on Vimeo) - >Vimeo states that for basic users your original video files will be compressed to view easily and the original, large video file will be deleted after one month. Therefore, do not use Vimeo as a storage place for large video files, expecting to download them at a later date. Not to worry though, your videos will be large enough to view on the web (even after Vimeo compresses them).
APPLY SETTINGS FOR EACH VIDEO (ON VIMEO)
Note: Matching audio with video - If you would like to display audio and video files from the same event, you'll need to make sure meta data for both files (i.e. title, date, author, etc) are the same in case the audio file is downloaded (i.e. the title of the video may be "Sermon On the Mount" but your audio file's title may be "recording1234.mp3"). Please see instructions below to apply settings correctly in Vimeo.
- Title - set the title exactly how you want it to display on your site
- Tags - to filter groups of video to a webpage, add a unique tag to each video (i.e. #sermons, #extras, #leadership)
- Series - add #[Series Title Here] in the tag field (Required for using the Sermon Series page.)
- Date - add #MM/DD/YYYY to the tag field
- Thumbnail - upload 560 x 315 images to Vimeo and select as the thumbnail for the video
- Description - set the description exactly how you want it to display on your site
- Author - use @First_Last to the tag field (i.e. @John_Smith will display as John Smith). If an author is not applied, Moja will use your Vimeo account name as the author.
ADDING A MEDIA PAGE
- Navigation to the parent page (the page above) where you wish to place your media page
- Click 'Add a Page'
- Choose the 'Video' page type
- Title the page and click 'Add'
- Click 'Exit Edit Mode' and choose to 'Publish' or 'Preview'
INTEGRATING VIMEO WITH YOUR MOJA SITE
- Send us (DC) the URL to your Vimeo account and we'll do the rest.
- Once the integration is finished, we'll let you to proceed to Part V.
PULLING VIDEO FILES TO YOUR PAGE
- Click 'Edit' in the top/left of the Moja toolbar
- Click on the video block in the center of the page and choose 'Edit'
- In the 'Type' field, make sure 'video' is selected
- In the 'tags' field, type the tag associated with the video files to be displayed on this page (i.e. sermons)
- Click 'Update'
- Click 'Exit Edit Mode' in the top/left of the Moja toolbar
- Choose to 'Publish' edits if prompted
Part 2 // Attaching Audio
UPLOAD AUDIO TO MOJA
- Click 'Files' in the top/left section of the Moja toolbar
- Click 'add' in the top/left of the window
- Click 'Choose File' and select the audio file you want to upload
- To uploaded multiple files, click 'More' to the right of 'Upload'
- Click 'Add files'
- Select multiple files at once (up to 100mb per upload)
- Click 'Start Uploads'
- Once your files are uploaded, you'll need to edit a few 'Properties' of each file to have it appear properly on your audio page. Please proceed to Part II.
ATTACHING AUDIO TO VIDEO
- Click 'Files'
- Click on a video (search for 'linked' to query all video files)
- Select 'Properties'
- Click on 'Linked audio'
- Click inside the field (on top of spacer.png)
- Select 'Choose New File'
- Find your audio file (manually search through the files if necessary)
- Click on the file and select 'Choose'
- Save (click the icon on the far right)
- Now your page should display buttons for video, audio and download (audio)